Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Snoozefest in the Making

Writing a blog can be difficult. In fact, this particular post is being written because I don’t have any other ideas and the picture I’ve included has nothing to do with anything I’m writing. I’m just including it to take up space and give you something to look at because there is clearly nothing here worth reading. Sure I could tell you what I did this weekend or come up with some other insight into my life, but that seems to be a little too common. I like to think I’m a relatively clever individual but right now, I have nothing. For anyone who is actually reading this post, I apologize in advance for the time you’re going to waste if you choose to continue reading.

An interesting twist to my lack of creativity right now is that this weekend I told some friends I would post to my blog everyday this coming week. If I’m having this much difficulty determining what to post now, imagine how my lack of creativity is going to be compounded by me going to work all week and probably not doing anything remotely interesting. I envision my posts next week looking something like this:

--------------------
Monday – Today I spent most of the day in meetings and calling people to find out information regarding a letter I received last week. I had a meeting tonight as well to add to the fun of a Monday.

Tuesday – Today I worked on some on-going projects and prepared some information for a meeting next week. I would like to get out and do something active today to keep me sane but I have too much work to do so I’ll be in the office, probably working late.

Wednesday – Guess what, another day flying my desk. Today is more of the same as yesterday, only it’s another day closer to the weekend. I’ll probably have to work late again tonight to finish preparing for my meeting.

Thursday – Why isn’t the weekend here yet? I have to go to the store and buy candy after work because tomorrow is Halloween.

Friday – Yahoo, finally the weekend is here. I’m going to spend most of the day neglecting the work piling up on my desk to figure out what to do this weekend. Oh yeah, kids will be at my house tonight demanding candy. Maybe I’ll just turn off the lights and hope no one shows up.
--------------------

That must have been painful. You’ve gotten the whole way to the end and I’ve offered nothing, but I warned you of that earlier so you can only blame yourself. Hopefully as the week progresses I’ll have something more interesting to write about, but I guess you’ll have to check back to find out.

No comments: