Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Joys of Travel

So last week I was off with Jerry, Bunny, and others on a little vacation away.  We winged it down to Key West to stay at Shady Bill's condo right on the beach.  Like most vacations, it had it's ups and downs.  In particular, the traveling back from the trip was quite possibly the least enjoyable.  I booked my flights later so I was traveling solo on the return leg back to Pittsburgh.  So after one delayed flight and one cancelled flight I changed airlines.  

This was followed by an early arrival at a connecting airport and the anticipated early arrival back to Pittsburgh.  This was followed by about a three hour delay in the airport and about an hour and a half sitting on the tarmac waiting to depart.  

This final hiatus from departure led to a flight through a thunderstorm (which was both nerve wracking and fascinating all at the same time).  After arriving about three hours after I was originally expected to land, I was greeted by an hour and a half bus ride to downtown Pittsburgh where I met Jerry for a ride back to his house.  

The last leg of the trip was my drive back to the SC.  It was a lot of travels and I'm basically crushed.  I'll be sure to provide my assessment of the trip later, but for now, as you may expect, the traveling was not the highlight.  

No comments: