Sunday, July 22, 2012

Step by Step

So this weekend I decided to drop in on my friends Jerry and Bunny in their fair city of the 'burgh.  I'm not entirely sure why, but for some reason Bunny wanted to run a 5K in a ridiculously thick heat.  I'm not saying it was humid, but at one point I actually had to borrow a knife in order to cut through it.

I'm not a runner and have no intentions to run (unless I'm being chased) so I guess I don't entirely understand the mentality.  If it's anything like racing bicycles, then I suppose there is some degree of sense to it all, except it seems to be a lot more work.  Of course my personal feelings about running don't really matter because Bunny crushed the course and ran her fastest mile splits in the entire storied history of her running career.  

I guess it just goes to show that once again, I have a lesser degree of motivation than a lot of people; even those named after a small, furry, and big eared animal. Either way Bunny, you kicked some tail (pun intended...). 

No comments: