Sunday, August 5, 2012

Slothy Blah

It might not be completely obvious when people first meet me but I like to think that I'm a fairly active person.  While I like to think that I'm more active than most of the people in this increasingly rotund country of ours, lately I've been feeling more doughy than normal.  There are several factors that I attribute this trend, however I think it's about time reverse this (hopefully) momentary lapse in fitness.

I feel like most of this started about a month ago when I started hanging out with a girl.  We would get together and have some drinks or have some food or go to a movie or just hang out.  I was foregoing time that I would normally spend on my bike to spend time with her which was not good for my midsection.  This was then followed by a vacation (of sorts) to Florida where I spent a week eating, drinking, and sitting on the beach.  Sure I was riding my cruiser around but it provides surprisingly little fitness when your main goal is trying to go "no hands and no feet" for as long as you can.  

Now that I'm back to my normal day-to-day in the SC it seems as though I've had some trouble getting back to being active.  I've been bogged down with work stuff and meetings, I've been trying to finish up some house projects, and it's been raining a bunch over the past few weeks.  All of this has kept me from my bike and therefore kept me from getting back in shape.  Unfortunately the next few weeks are going to be difficult for me to carve out some time to be active, but I'll have to do what it takes so I can get back on the bike, get back to eating normal, and hopefully get back to fitting comfortably in my pants.  

No comments: