Sunday, April 4, 2010

Goodbye Old Friend

Well, it finally happened. After nearly seven great years of companionship I had to bid farewell to a trusted friend. Like most relationships, this was one of give and take. I did my best to tend to her needs and make sure she had everything to make her happy. She, in return, was always there for me; someone I could really count on.

However, like any healthy relationship there were a few rough spots. There was one time, on a trip to Vermont for a wedding, she almost left me stranded. Although after a little time and attention we were able to reconcile our differences and had a great time the rest of the trip. The entire time we were together she always accepted my friends and was willing to take me on all my adventures regardless of how crazy they may have been.

Unfortunately, this past week we had to part ways. I thought I was ready for a change but when everything was unfolding I questioned whether or not I was making the right decision. Of course, I’ve moved on and so will she. In fact, almost immediately I was cozying up with something new. Yep, I’ll miss my Jeep, but I’ll always have the memories.

1 comment:

A-Mac said...

left YOU stranded? i guess you have forgotten there were two other people with you who were stranded too because of your jalopy - which btw was extremely uncomfortable. gees. i'm happy to see it go. good riddance i say.