Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pain & Suffering

So as you may know from wasting time reading the nonsense that I write every week I participate in a lot of activities that keep me busy all year long. Most of these distractions have some degree of danger and can cause serious injury if not executed properly. It’s also safe to say that all these excursions cause me some degree of pain and suffering (of course being friends with Spring causes a lot of that as well, ZING).

Usually if something goes wrong when I’m out being radical I’ll end up with cuts or bruising and I’ll have some cool scars to show off. However, this weekend I was thrown for a loop. I was taking advantage of the primo weather and went mountain biking with some friends. I took a couple of spills but none were serious. Then, as we were getting ready to start the final section of singletrack my back decided to lock up and has been like that ever since. The pain has been excruciating and I’m not sure what caused it or how to make it go away.

Now, I’m held up on the couch with heat on my back trying to get things to loosen up so I can actually move around comfortably. I don’t know when this will end but hopefully it happens soon. If you don’t think I’m in pain, imagine how difficult it was for you to read this and focus that all into your lower back. See, I told you it hurts.

2 comments:

madam0wl, a.k.a Sandra said...

Ouch, that did hurt... for a second. Hope you feel better. Let me be the friend that suggests DRUGS and lots of them. :) OR, if it is only expected to last like up to 8 hours, groan it out like a trooper, daring yourself to see how long you can take the pain... I mean, do they offer epidurals for back pain? If you are on a couch able to write a blog post, I think you are far from the pain of delivering a baby. :)

madam0wl, a.k.a Sandra said...

PS - I just re-read my comment and realized I sounded like THAT GIRL that compares everything to childbirth. Forgive me, carry on with your totally valid, not-signed-up-for pain coping. But I still vote for pain pills, especially since you aren't breast feeding or anything... :) ha ha