Sunday, April 18, 2010

What Do You Think?

Recently I’ve noticed a trend in my day-to-day. I have a lot of really great ideas and a lot of fantastic thoughts. I realize this isn’t the type of discovery that would make Magellan jealous since most people probably think they also have great ideas. What makes me different is that I only have these ideas for about ten minutes a day. Now, you may be saying to yourself, “What’s the problem with that? Just write down these earth shattering thoughts when they come to you.” Well, that would be easy except I have these thoughts in the shower.

Yep, as soon as that hot water hits my flesh my mind goes into overdrive with ideas for things to do or stories to write or projects to develop at work or a witty remark to use on the next hottie that crosses my path or anything else in the grand scheme of the universe. Of course just as quickly as the mental stew begins, once the water is off, my mind goes back to pudding and I forget just about everything I thought about. I have to physically try to remember and then it’s usually only one or two of the really important (to me at least) ideas that I focus on.

Another problem I have is that so much is going on in my small mind that I often forget things over the course of the actual shower. This means I would need some kind of writing device that would be waterproof and allow me to scribe notes to myself while all lathered up. I don’t know if such an item exists, but it’d really make my life a lot easier. I guess my options are to figure out how to develop such a waterproof pen and paper set or spend the majority of my day in the shower. I don’t know which would actually be easier, but they both kind of sound fun.

1 comment:

madam0wl, a.k.a Sandra said...

My suggestion, bathtub crayons. They worked almost too well on the ceramic tile in our Iowa house shower. I can't vouch for how well they work on your basic FRP shower stall, but I'd bet well enough to jott down the outline of a manifesto.

PS - Tonight I'm not drunk! Um, yay?