Friday, January 2, 2009

Party Like It's 2009

Well it’s official; another year has started, but I guess you already knew that. In order to start my year off on the right foot I decided it would be appropriate to include a “beginning-of-the-year” post. Don’t worry, I’m not going to drone on about all the good times and low points from the past year (mainly because I can’t remember all of them). Similarly, I’m not going to tell you about the resolutions I’ve made like getting in shape (the specific shape will be determined at a later date) or being more assertive in my personal life or saving more money or blah blah blah (okay, the second one is something I want to do but you get the idea).

I will say this: I have several goals identified for the coming year, but I’ll be okay if they don’t come to fruition as some are quite lofty. My plan for 2009 is to have fun, laugh, play, reflect, change, stay the same, get a haircut, learn new things, read, spend as much time outdoors as possible (with friends), take time for myself, travel, and do whatever else I can to make the most of the 363 days ahead. Yesterday I went for a hike with Cathy and then had some friends over to the house to watch football and eat dinner. I’d say I’m off to a pretty good start.

No comments: