Sunday, December 28, 2008

Holiday Fun; Part II

This past weekend I went to my parents’ house to spend the Christmas holiday with my family. For the long time fans of this blog, you may recall when I talked about the fun I had spending Thanksgiving with my family. Since that was only a short time ago, I went into this most recent holiday with a bit of trepidation. One advantage to this particular trip was spending a few quiet days with just my parents before the house was inundated with small children, toys, games, presents, drinks, and oh yeah, food. Dear god there was a lot of food.

In between all the eating and drinking that occurred there were a few breaks to enjoy some quality time with the family. In particular, the shorties provided for a multitude of laughs that made the weekend all the more memorable. Keep in mind, my seven nieces and nephews range in age from seven to 15 months so not all of them can talk, but that also adds to the fun. Here’s an example of a conversation that occurred this weekend. My dad was talking with my middle nephew who is three. When asked if Santa Claus brought him a lot of presents my nephew said yes. To this my father asked “Did you get any clothes?” My nephew responded by saying, “Grandpa, clothes aren’t presents.”

This was just one of many memorable exchanges that happened over the weekend. I think it would be an understatement to say the entire family had a really great time. I ate way too much food and drank too much wine (but I’m guessing I’m not the only one). While the year is almost over, there is still one more holiday to get through and New Year’s Day is just around the corner. I’m guessing I’ll have a story or two to go along with that, but for now, I’ll bask in the memories from a weekend of fun with the family.

No comments: