Sunday, August 12, 2012

Add One

So this past weekend I made a short trip down the road to Scranton to see some old friends who were visiting from Atlanta.  The reason for this outing was that Sean's parents decided to throw he and his wife Lucy a baby shower.  You see, in order to have a baby shower one needs to have a baby.   If you're paying attention, that would mean that Sean and Lucy are expecting a child; their first one; in about a month.  

This was not your typical baby shower as Sean's parents invited both men and women to this event.  It also was not your typical baby shower because while there were fancy finger foods and spritzers, there was also bonfires, clay bird shooting, and beer drinking; not necessarily in that order.  It was actually one of the best baby showers I have ever been to.  In full disclosure though, I think it was the only baby shower I have ever been to as well.  

While at this baby shower having all this fun, I got to thinking.  The groundbreaking thought that I had was that maybe I should have a baby.  Okay, let's not get carried away.  I'm not planning to, nor am I in any position to have a baby, so relax.  That's not going to happen.  

Instead, I was thinking that maybe I should get a dog.  Dogs are kind of like children, except they can't take care of themselves so if I were to get a dog it would always need me to take care of it.  Yeah that's right, I'm considering getting a built in need factory.  I realize it sounds a bit crazy and for those of you that know me it quite possibly is insanely nuts, but you never know, maybe it will be good for me.

1 comment:

Lucy Delaney said...

it was great to see you... and dogs are really fun and love mountain biking... do it!