Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dating Days; Part 6

I’ll assume it comes as no surprise to anyone that after last week’s debacle of an outing, I had to bid farewell to Estelle.  She said some things that weren’t all together appropriate and I can’t really see that continuing down a good road. While ending the relationship seemed like an easy choice, I wasn’t expecting it go the way it did.  See, I figured that since it took so long to get Estelle to go out with me, she would be more than happy to let me go.  That was, unfortunately, not the case.  

After I broke the news to Estelle I was met by some exacerbated disagreement.  She was beside herself to say the least and was quite shocked to be hearing me end things with her.  In an odd twist, it turns out that the past five weeks had made Estelle start to like me more than she expected.  It was actually more than I expected too because the day after I ended things with her she called me and asked for another chance.  It was kind of surreal.

For the next several days she would call and I would foolishly answer only to hear her talk about what a mistake she made and that I should give her another chance.  I resisted the urge to go out with her again and continued to politely let her down.  I knew things were getting way out of control when Estelle’s roommate Diane called me.  I guess Estelle was more upset with this turn of events than I expected.

After talking with Diane for a few minutes and hearing her side of this story I was reluctantly convinced to get together with her.  It was the typical, “Estelle is a better person than you think and I’ll tell you why” routine.  I figured I could handle a  Saturday afternoon coffee with Diane and hoped that this might end things once and for all.  It had already been a long week of breaking things off with Estelle and I was ready for it to be over for good.

Saturday I met up with Diane at the local coffee shop and after a few minutes of listening to her I realized two things.  First, I wasn’t going to go out with Estelle anymore because she, like most women, had a touch of the crazies (sorry ladies but it’s true to some degree with all of you).  Second, and maybe most importantly, Diane is spectacular.  I think I might see if Diane wants to go out for dinner sometime.  Of course I might be better off taking a break from the ladies for a bit.

2 comments:

Ieva said...

Diane needs a text from you.

Lucy Delaney said...

haha- oh dear what a chronicle... what am I going to do on Mondays without the dating days updates??