Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dating Days; Part 3

In the ongoing saga of my dating prowess and the current person of interest in my life, things have taken a turn I didn’t expect. As I previously mentioned I was in the process of wooing one Estelle and setting up a second date. Unfortunately I was having difficulty getting in contact with Estelle. One of my astute readers mentioned last week that I should send several more text messages to try and coax Estelle into another outing with me. Since said commenter was a woman I thought her advice had to be solid and I went with it.

Well, four consecutive text messages later I finally got a response from Estelle. Of course, it was not what I expected. First, I was met with some unfriendly words about how I needed to stop bothering her. Then, after some charming explanation by me I was able to convince Estelle to give me a second chance and a second date. I decided I would play it cool and take her for dinner and movie. That way, if the dinner conversation was lacking, we could at least have the time during the movie where we wouldn’t have to worry about coming up with things to talk about.

Unfortunately our schedules have precluded us from conducting said date until next week. We’re going out next Thursday so that means I should either have really great news to tell you next weekend or a few depressing paragraphs about what went wrong. Either way, I think I managed to get back in Estelle’s good graces. I guess a little persistence does pay off.

No comments: