Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dating Days; Part 2

So as I mentioned in my last post, I went out on an interesting date with one Estelle. Things didn’t really go as planned since I forgot my wallet and then decided to make up for it by leaving a check at her house. Well, as I’ve recently learned that may have been a mistake.

Earlier this week I called Estelle to see if she had received my check to which she replied that she had. I was happy about that and asked her if it would be okay if she didn’t cash it until next week, since I was a little tight until my next paycheck. I couldn’t really tell if she was put off by that request because her response was difficult to gauge (being on the phone and all). Of course things seemed a bit more obvious when I asked her out for a second date.

After a brief and uncomfortable pause, I heard the stutter of a person that didn’t really know how to respond to a simple yes or no question. This could only mean one thing; Estelle was looking for an easy way to let me down. At first I was a little bummed out but then I decided it was her loss and I got right back on the proverbial horse. I went back to the grocery store to find another potential date (and to buy groceries of course).

As if lightening were striking twice, I walked down the frozen foods isle and once again spied another possible date for me. This time, however, I decided to keep on walking. Instead, I went home and called Estelle again to see if she really was sure that she didn’t want to go out again. I left her a voicemail and then followed it up with a text message just to cover all my bases. I have a good feeling that she’s going to call me back.

1 comment:

Ieva said...

You should probably text her again in case she didn't get the first one.