Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dating Days; Part 1

So this weekend I did something I haven’t done in a long time. I went on a date. So I should start out by saying that I hadn’t been on a date in a long time prior to this but since I’m a man about town I figured I would give it a go. After all, how bad could it be?

I should probably start by telling you how I met the recipient of my date. So there I was, in the grocery store, going about my business of buying food. I was walking down the frozen foods isle and noticed a rather attractive woman seemingly lost among the freezer cases. By the look on her face I could tell she was unable to find what she wanted. As I approached her I noticed she was not wearing any rings (which is a very important thing to look for) so I thought it would be okay to try out a line from a movie that Steve Martin made famous.

I approached this stately maiden and said, “Excuse me but I don’t think you should be in here.” She looked at me and in a slightly surprised tone said, “Oh really?” “And why is that?” This was exactly the set-up I was hoping for so I could then follow up my original statement by saying, “Because you’re going to melt all this stuff.” Now at this point there was one of two ways this could have continued. She could have been completely disgusted and ignored me, or she could have given me a cute little laugh which would allow me to continue my charming ways. In this case she chose the latter (I’m such a pimp).

So after a few minutes of small talk, getting her phone number, and finding out her name; Estelle and I had a date this weekend. I think things went pretty well but I’m not sure how she felt. I played the chivalrous guy and brought her chocolates and flowers when I picked her up. From there we went to the bowling alley which also serves food so I felt good for mixing dinner and entertainment together in one place. Of course I forgot my wallet so Estelle ended up paying for everything. I felt bad about that so I went back to her house the next day and dropped off a check to pay her back for everything. She wasn’t home so I slid it under her door. I think I’ll call her later this week to see if she wants to go out again sometime.

2 comments:

Lucy Delaney said...

hot damn!!!

madam0wl, a.k.a Sandra said...

That was straight up pimpin' dude. Keep it up.