Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bikes Anyone?

This Saturday, in advance of the torrential rains from hurricane Irene, I decided to take a brief respite from working on my house to go and ride a bike. That’s right; I loaded up my gear, headed to the forest, and rode some trails. It was Jess’ birthday so there was a small group of people going out and I figured it would be mellow enough for me since I’ve been off the bike for about a month.

From the start I was feeling fairly terrible but I was okay with it. I slummed around at the back and let the rest of the group tear on ahead. Actually, Jess was feeling a little rough too so we rode together and chatted while we picked our way through the sweet singletrack. It was kind of nice to take it easy (not like I had a choice) and not try to crush the trail as fast as I could.

We decided to cut the ride short after just a little while. I didn’t mind because I wasn’t sure I had the legs to go much longer. I was getting close to running out of water as well so I took that as another reason to pack it in. Regardless, it was still a super fun day on the trials. I guess this just means that I need to take more time away from doing house work to have fun.

No comments: