Sunday, December 19, 2010

Fresh Tracks

And so it begins. Enough snow has finally been created for the latest installment of what will hopefully be another banner year on the slopes. Last year we had one of the best seasons in recent memory so it will be difficult to top, but it’s been wicked cold the last few weeks which, if it continues, should ensure a proper base stays around. This weekend marked my first turns of the season but I was woefully unprepared.

While I knew the season was starting, somehow it snuck up on me. On Sunday morning I scurried around my house in what appeared to be an explosion of gear. I was running from room to room locating stuff that I had methodically stored away at the end of last year. The hard part was not only remembering where everything was, but trying to remember what I needed.

When I finally left my house I had two bags loaded with just about every piece of cold weather clothing I could get my hands on. Fortunately I loaded my snowboard in the car the night before so I wouldn’t forget that critical implement of the day. I also made sure to leave my boots by the back door so they would make the journey as well.

Overall, the conditions were decent for man-made pow. I got in a goodly number of turns but didn’t over do it because let’s face it, there’s a lot more season to go. I’m already planning some big trips out west so that will help extend my season. Finally, I figured I should give some love to my skiing friends so enjoy the picture while you can.

No comments: