Sunday, May 2, 2010

I’ll Take Your Word For It

So this past weekend I managed to get in a mix of both work and play. I accomplished a few projects in my yard and also managed to find some time to ride some trails. Sunday turned out to be a bit rainy and overcast but Brian and I decided to make the most of it and headed out for some suffering in Rothrock. I stopped by Spring’s house to pick up Brain but got briefly side-tracked by television and snacks. After about an hour of that we decided to rally and headed to the forest.

The ride was nothing special. It was humid and kind of rainy so by the end I was wet and slimy and in need of a shower. Instead, I decided to hang out at Spring’s for a bit to visit with Brian and Spring and enjoy some more snacks. After a bit, I excused myself from the table and went into the bathroom to blow my nose. As I went to discard the tissue I noticed something in the trash can that disturbed me to say the least. Now, I should mention that Brian and Spring are on the cusp of full-on cohabitation so, being a good friend (or at least a nosy one) I decided to inquire about the sight that was found at the bottom of the aforementioned waste receptacle because I thought it could be a deal breaker for their relationship.

What was the offending sight you ask? Well, at the bottom of the trash can were several cotton tipped swabs (sorry, no product placement here) with jet black ends. Being a person that cares about hygiene I have a box of cotton swabs that I use to clean out my ears so I assume others do the same thing. I figured it was important to inquire about the black ends in case one of the two individuals sitting in the other room had a serious inner ear issue because, while I’m not a doctor, I’m pretty sure that isn’t a good thing.

Once this discovery was made public, Spring began to spin a yarn about how she doesn’t have a steady hand when she puts on her mascara (most likely from all the wine she drinks) and has to remove the excess with the cotton swabs. Since I have no experience with mascara I decided to believe her. Also, I figured even if she was lying, I didn’t want to hear any other justification so with my curiosity appeased the conversation was promptly changed. After all, there are some explanations that should be accepted no matter what.

1 comment:

Betty said...

Wow Eric, this is pretty weak. If this is all you have to write about these days, I may have to read something else while I enjoy my Monday morning Coke.