Sunday, November 4, 2012

Branching Out

So I've decided to start my own business.  While I'm not quitting my 9 to 5er just yet, I am in the initial stages of planning this little venture.  As with most good companies, the hardest part about getting the ball rolling is coming up with a cool name.  

I spent a goodly part of this past weekend trying to figure out what would be a good name for a business.  After all, there are plenty of bad names already taken and I want to make sure the name I choose has just the right amount of coolness, description, and room to play.  I'm trying to use words that aren't too boring but yet aren't so big that the overall name is difficult to say let alone spell (especially since I'm a terrible speller).  

Ultimately though, it's not just the words that are chosen for the name.  You also have to take into consideration how the name might appear in a logo and let's not forget the type of initials a name could end up with.  I would be willing to bet that the Sink Hole Investigation Technologies, LLC. or Delta Industrial Cyber Kinetic Solutions, Inc. would be okay with different initials for their letterhead.  

Maybe someday I'll be able to parlay this little venture that I'm considering into something big that will allow me to enjoy additional free time throughout my day and let me work my own schedule.  I'm not setting a timeline for this just yet because there is still a lot of initial work that needs to be done.  Someday though, I'll hopefully be able to turn this into the best job of all; an early retirement.

No comments: