Sunday, November 18, 2012

T - Minus...

With time running out, I've resigned myself to the fact that I will not be in the shape I was hoping to be in for the impending DD.  Since the shape I am currently resembles a pear, I am going to change my plans and prepare for a more intense degree of pain than I want.  It seems to just make sense.

The way I figure it, I'm not going to be racing nor did I ever have plans to make it a race.  There are plenty of faster people than me to take care of that issue.  As long as I can keep turning the pedals over I'll be fine.  It just might take me longer than I really want.  Fortunately though, hill six is currently under construction so it's not in play.  That means I will only need to climb an even dozen hills.

I think I'm only fooling myself into thinking that twelve hills instead of thirteen will somehow be easier,  but I'll take any little mental breaks I can get.  In reality, I'll probably suffer more because of this little notion but only time will tell.  I just hope the weather is nice so I can enjoy some aspect of the day.

No comments: