Sunday, October 28, 2012

Frankenstorm

So if you live anywhere on the east coast and you have not battened down the hatches; stocked up on cases of canned soups and other non-perishable foods; set aside no less than 27 gallons of water; then you are not ready for Frankenstorm.  What is Frankenstorm you ask?  I'll put it to you like this:  imagine if a hurricane, a tornado, a tsunami, and a dust devil all went out and got really drunk on water.  Then, after waking up very slowly, they stumbled around puking up rain everywhere they looked.  It would be a little more severe than that.  

While I have no plans to build an arc, I'm not counting that out as an option.  Schools in the area are already closing, refuse pick-up is already being rescheduled, and storm drains are being cleared in anticipation of the deluge that is about to ensue over the next several days.  The weather people are predicting significant rain and wind over the next several days and possible power outages for the about a week.  

While it's too early to tell what is actually going to happen, by tomorrow we should either be in the thick of it, or cursing the weather folks for convincing me that I needed to buy those 200 cans of sardines "just in case."  Either way, I'm hoping to survive the onslaught and make it through to next week with little water to bail out of my basement.  

No comments: