Sunday, October 7, 2012

Under Reaction

So two weeks ago I wrote about a little digger I took on my mountain bike.  It was nothing out of the ordinary for me as I've wrecked on my bike before and intend to wreck again (although I don't try to make that the outcome of any ride).  I was sore for about a week but after that all was well, or so I thought.

This past week I was driving home from the office when my phone rang.  It was my mother.  She was calling because she read that post and was worried about how I was doing and wanted to make sure I was okay.  When my mother inquired about my current condition, I began to laugh hysterically.  To this, I believe my mother was taken aback.  

First, she asked if I had made the whole thing up.  When I told her that I hadn't made it up, she asked why I was laughing.  What I found so funny about this exchange was the fact that while my mother was worried, she wasn't worried enough to call right away.  Instead, she waited about ten days before being concerned enough to inquire about my well-being.  For some reason I found this really funny.  

Sometimes I guess it's the little things that really matter and this complete lack of concern while being incredibly concerned was humorous to me.  In other news, Sean and Lucy had their baby.  A sweet little girl.  So congratulations guys for your new bundle of joy.  While I'm extremely elated for the new parents, I might have just lost a reader.  

1 comment:

Lucy Delaney said...

Still here, just a little behind on my reading! If you had met a girl when you crashed and she nursed you back to help in the frozen food isle there would have been no question about the validity of the story...