Sunday, June 24, 2012

Take Two

So in my last post I talked about using a giant hammer drill to cut a giant hole in my house.  I, for some unknown reason, was under the assumption that the pain and suffering I endured during that grind-fest was a one-time thing.  Clearly, I was woefully misguided in that thought.

So one of the many things I did over this past weekend was to cut not one, but three more holes in my house.  Fortunately for me, the holes were only two and a half inches instead of four but the tools of the trade were the same (see last post for pictures).  I keep telling myself that this is saving me money on the install of my central heat and air, but I'm beginning to question if this part was worth the fact that I can't barely feel anything from my elbows to my hands nor anything below the knees.  

Bottom line: cutting holes through stone is difficult at best.  I spent two hours on each hole (that was six hours if you're having trouble with the numbers, Jerry).  It was noisy, dusty, and very uncomfortable (see last sentence from the previous paragraph).  I think I'm finally done "saving money" on this endeavor and can now turn things over to the professional to finish the work.  At this point I'm hoping it gets crazy hot so I can sit inside and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

1 comment:

madam0wl, a.k.a Sandra said...

A pox unto those who hope for it to get crazy hot.