Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tick Tock

Unless you were just born within the last few days you should have noticed a new year started on Friday. In fact, an entire new decade is beginning. It seems like just yesterday we were all worried about computers taking over the world due to that whole Y2K thing (or at least that’s how I remember it). Now, I’d be more than happy to let a computer take over some of the mundane tasks of my day, but I’ll save that for another post.

I’ve already spent the majority of 2010 trying to figure out what to write for the first post of the year. As usual, I want to start this new calendar off with some stoic wisdom or insight. It’s all part of my plan to show that I’m trying to grow as a person over the next 365 days. In fact, that’s basically what I wrote about last year so maybe I should go with a different topic since I think that plan only got me to about day 82.

Of course, a new stream of thought-provoking consciousness is not always easy to concoct for interweb viewing (as I’ve alluded to in the past). While the majority of this post is just filler, I will keep with some degree of the New Year’s resolution thing. I’m not actually going to make any resolutions (at least none that I’m offering here) but I will do my best to keep the (future) posts interesting. There are no guarantees, but at least I’ll get another 52 weeks to give it a try.

Happy New Year everyone and welcome to 2010!

No comments: