Sunday, November 8, 2009

Summer in the Fall

You may recall me talking about the unseasonably snowy weather that trounced us a few weeks back. After the snow melted the cold started to settle in (as I would expect being November in Central Pennsylvania). Well, this past weekend the weather took another wacky turn. This past weekend, the weather became unseasonably warm.

Saturday and Sunday brought about clear blue skies and sunshine. The temperatures during the day danced around in the mid 60’s. It was a welcome change and allowed me to get a lot of yard work done. It also allowed me to get reacquainted with my road bike. Once the fall hits I normally saddle up on my mountain bike and play in the woods. Sunday, however, I decided to break tradition and throw a leg over my road bike.

The weather was great so I decided to head east on some flat roads. My plan was to ride out to Elk Creek CafĂ© in Millheim for some dinner and music. The best part was, I didn’t have to ride home. Cathy and Betty drove out to meet me and brought along fresh clothes so I didn’t have to spend the night in my kit. While my legs were a little worked when I finished, it was a really fun ride.

I don’t know how many more days I’ll have on the bike before I switch over to my snowboard so it’s nice to get in some saddle time while I still can. Soon the snow will fly (hopefully) and bike rides will only be in my memories. Weekends like this however, will make sure I have plenty of good recollections to last all winter long.

No comments: