Sunday, November 15, 2009

Plus One

This weekend, after a long nine months, the little bundle of joy known affectionately as “Iggy” joined the outside world. On Saturday, Scott & Ieva welcomed a son into their lives. Not only do we finally get Ieva back into the fold (and just before ski season), we all kind of get a nephew.

While I already have eight nieces and nephews that are actually related to me, Iggy will be the first child born to friends that are a major part of my life. Sure I have other friends with children, but this is different because Scott & Ieva live here in the SC so I get to see them all the time.

I don’t know yet how having a baby will affect the limits of what Scott & Ieva are able to do, but I have a feeling they won’t skip a beat and pick back up right where they left off. After all, Scott & Ieva are pretty radical people. And if things get hectic, there will be more than enough people ready to help out when they can.

I just recently found out the specifics of Iggy (weight, size, name, etc.) and I’ve only seen one picture, but I know this kid will have lots of love and no shortage of things to do or people to help raise him. I’ll eventually get a chance to see the young lad but for now, the new family will get to be, well, a family. Congratulations Scott & Ieva and welcome to parenthood.

1 comment:

Ieva said...

wow. thanks, friend.