Sunday, August 23, 2009

Effortlessly Rewarding

Recently, I’ve noticed a change in my personal perspective on what I consider to be a significant and fulfilling effort. Before, it would have required a burly feat such as riding my bike an obnoxious distance or some other adventure that, upon telling my co-workers on Monday morning, they would look at me in bewilderment and wonder if I had a screw loose. Lately, however, I’ve been finding joy in much simpler pursuits.

As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, I just recently bought a house. Apparently, I didn’t only buy a house; I also bought a list of projects and chores to go along with the house. None of these projects are absolutely required; however they are items that need to be done. Individually they are small projects, but collectively they can be a bit overwhelming. In fact, some of the tasks have been lingering since day one.

Today I installed a new faucet in the kitchen, a new showerhead in the bathroom, put new locks on the doors, and got one box closer to being completely unpacked. These were all items on my list so today was truly rewarding, and I didn’t even have to turn the pedals over once (but that would have been cool too).

No comments: