Sunday, August 9, 2009

Choo Choo

Since moving into my new house, I’ve had to manage without a few “creature comforts.” In particular, I don’t have cable hooked up at my house and therefore I’ve been watching a lot of DVDs. The other night a movie I was watching had the distinct sound of a train whistle running through the background.

So who cares, right? Well, as long as I can remember everywhere I’ve lived there have been trains. Granted, it’s not necessarily a good thing because while trains move massive amounts of freight they can also cause major backups at the railroad crossings. Regardless though, that familiar whistle was always there; sometimes a lot closer than I cared for but still, it was a constant presence.

It didn’t dawn on me until I watched that scene that there aren’t any trains running through town. In fact, most of the tracks have been taken up and the old railroad beds are now multi-use paths. There are, however, trains close by in Bellefonte. What does any of this mean? I don’t know, but it was the only way I could figure out to work in this great video. Enjoy!

No comments: