Sunday, June 7, 2009

Here We Go Again

Lately I’ve noticed my blog posts seem a little boring. I feel like I’m just recycling the same post over and over again. Sure a few of the details are different, but overall the theme is the same; “This weekend I rode my bike, blah, blah, blah.” I don’t mean to imply that I take for granted the fact that I’m able to be active and have the fun that I do, but I’m beginning to realize I might need to write about something different.

Sure, some people might say bombing down a mountain road at 50 miles per hour on a road bike isn’t all that vanilla, but talking about it week after week tends to get a little repetitive. This weekend was no different. What happened you ask? I spent a night camping with Scott and Betty on Saturday and went for a bike ride on Sunday, but I’m not going to tell you about either of those things (I’ll show you a picture instead).

I’m not trying to imply that I need to incorporate death-defying stunts and other acts of danger (or stupidity) into my life on a daily basis, but every now and then it might be nice to have a story that involves boxing a kangaroo or wrestling a shark or riding an elephant or planting a tree. Of course, it would be a tree that produces bikes or snowboards or something cool, but I think you get the point.

In the future, I’ll do my best to incorporate more variety into these posts. I can’t guarantee the stories will be altogether true, but hopefully they’ll be interesting to read.

No comments: