Monday, January 21, 2013

What's in a Name

Lately I've been feeling like this blog is kind of a sham.  It started out as one thing, but really never materialized in that regard.  Instead I've talked about just about everything other than stacking cheddar (or any variety of cheese for that matter).  I don't know if this is because I just don't have the energy to come up with new topics that revolve around the snowboarding radicalness that I like to portray, or some other reason.  I have a few thoughts so in no particular order, here is a list.

01 -  I'm too old to really be "hip" in the snowboarding world
02 -  The snowboarding industry isn't quite as lame as I once thought
03 -  I have a girlfriend that doesn't let me have fun
04 -  I lie about my girlfriend not letting me have fun
05 -  I just don't care enough to spend the energy
06 -  There hasn't been enough snow for me to consistently ride
07 -  I don't like cold weather
08 -  I'm too slothy to pull off radical maneuvers
09 -  I'm too scared to try radical maneuvers
10 -  My gear is too old to be radical

Anyway, I could continue with a boring list of things but I'm not.  I just know that this blog is going in a different direction.  If this continues, maybe I'll have to change the name to "Stacking the Couch."  Fortunately though, there has been good snow lately and it actually feels like winter in that it's been wicked cold.  Hopefully it keeps up so I can get in some quality slope time and maybe get back some of that awesomeness that I once had (seriously, I really did).

No comments: