Sunday, June 5, 2011

Crushed...

So this weekend (starting Friday after work) I thought it would be a good idea to help my friend and neighbor Jeremy build a deck. Of course, when I say build a deck, I really mean doubling the usable footprint of their home. This was a colossal undertaking and I’m not entirely sure why I decided to spend an entire weekend digging holes, plumbing posts, leveling beams, and setting deck boards.

I guess it was a neighborly thing to do and the free food and beer was a nice perk but suffice it to say, I’m more exhausted now than I ever thought I would be and the deck isn’t even completely done. Of course, it is usable and that’s what counts. I’m just glad I wasn’t around for the jack hammering. Oh yeah, and a hearty congratulations goes out to Spring and Brian for getting all married this weekend so now they can officially stop living in sin. Congratulations you guys…

No comments: