Sunday, September 19, 2010

Me and the Babes

Recently I was evaluating my lot in life. I’m starting to get a little older and a little more grown—up (but not necessarily acting like it). I’m still single (which isn’t as shocking as you might expect) and was trying to figure out why. Is this by choice? I seem to be a decent enough catch (or at least my friends lie to me and say so). I’m relatively well groomed, I have a good job that pays the bills, I appear to be a productive member of society; so what seems to be the missing link? I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m just awkward around women.

Okay, so I do just fine around my female friends (hence the reason they think I’m a “nice guy”) but when it comes to a woman I might actually be interested in courting (I know that’s a bit 1920’s but in might come back) I don’t know how to act. I don’t know what to say. I don’t know what to do.

I blame this on a lack of dating throughout my younger life. I know it’s hard to believe but I haven’t had many of the girlfriends in my day and the majority of the women I have dated usually pursed me so it was easy. When it comes to me pursuing them, I’m quiet frankly just lost. I don’t know if there is a way for me to get over this but you never know, maybe I won’t need to and some woman will swoop in and sweep me off my feet. Anything is possible (even that).

2 comments:

Susan said...

Maybe your problem is too much pursing, not enough pursuing.

Christy Ann said...

You're a great catch... you just haven't been caught yet. It will happen when you least expect it and it will be amazing - like nothing you could have planned for yourself.