Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Big Send Off

This weekend Scott & Betty had what will presumably be the last big party at their current house. In a couple of weeks they will be moving from the hinterlands of Halfmoon Township and joining the rest of us in the big city. While it wasn’t a large scale affair, it didn’t disappoint.

Things started out innocently enough with families and children playing gleefully in the yard with dogs and other benign activities. Of course, after the sun went down and the parents began to take their children home to bed, things started to go downhill. Then, before anyone knew what happened (or at least me for sure), the bottom fell out. And that’s all I’m going to say about that.

I would, however, like to say to Em that I don’t think this is going to work for me. I’m feeling smothered and need a little space. Sorry you had to find out about it this way, but I think it’s in both of our interests.

No comments: