Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Anniversary

You may have noticed that I didn’t post last week. That’s because I was at the beach enjoying the sun, surf, and sand. It was truly one of the best trips I’ve had in a long time. It might have been because of the people I was with but for whatever reason it was absolutely amazing. I’m not going to tell you about it because I don’t really want to. Some experiences are just for me and this is one of those instances.

Instead, I’m going to talk about something a lot less interesting. This weekend marks the one year anniversary of this blog. I’ve come a long way from “Bacon Wrapped Barbeque Scallops.” When I started this blog it was difficult for me to figure out what to write about. I had some great ideas regarding what I wanted this blog to be and that it would have some great purpose where I could voice my opinion about topics as if anyone actually cared what I thought.

As it turns out this blog became more of a weekly journal about my doings. In a way, I’m kind of happy about that because it gives me an opportunity to look back and recount some of the adventures that I’ve been on. With all the craziness (and mundane activities) that occurs in my day-to-day it’s nice to look back and recount what I’ve done and where I’ve been.

It feels like this year (as with most) has gone by so fast I haven’t had time to enjoy it, but when I look back on the past 365 days I’ve done some pretty cool things and spent quality time with some really great people. There have been some ups (I bought my first house) and some downs (turning blue in New Mexico) but overall it’s been a really full year. The best part is there’s still more to come.

No comments: