Sunday, May 6, 2012

Super Duper

This weekend saw several events.  First, there was a super moon.  I'm not entirely sure what makes it so super but I know it was full and that made it pretty cool.  Second, there was a birthday; Cathy's in particular.  Finally, it was Cino de Mayo.  That doesn't have any significance to me, but I guess if we needed another reason to celebrate than so be it.

So Saturday, with the culmination of all these events, a group of us decided to go out into the woods and camp.  We headed to an area that has a great overlook whereby we could enjoy the full moon, have some cake, and drink some margaritas.  It was a perfect night for camping with an amazing moon that was so bright that it seemed like the sun was out.  

The best part about this particular trip was the fact that  I slept like a rock.  There is something about sleeping out in the woods, near a fire, that really works well for sack time.  I guess all the celebrating (read: tequila heavy margaritas) didn't hurt either. 

1 comment:

madam0wl, a.k.a Sandra said...

Nice photo!

Didn't get to see Cinco's Super Luna down here, we had a power-outing thunderstorm going on.