Sunday, November 20, 2011

Mirror Mirror

Earlier this week I was out with Nikki and Cathy to celebrate Nikki’s birthday. We decided to go to one of Nikki’s favorite restaurants so she could indulge in all the gluten-free offerings available. It was the least we could do and there were plenty of gluten-heavy food on the menu so I was okay. We ordered some food and drinks and went about some casual conversation.

A short time later, the waitress returned to our table with our drinks. As she was preparing to head off and make sure the needs of other patrons were being met, she asked if I had ever seen the television show, “Bones” because I had a striking resemblance to one of the main characters. I thanked her for the compliment and asked if she wanted an autograph because, while I’m not the actor she was thinking of, I do get plenty of airtime on the local public access channel. Not surprisingly, she declined.

What made this observation more interesting was that Nikki has informed me of this resemblance several times before. She even had a rousing back-and-forth with the waitress regarding this fact. I wasn’t entirely sure I knew who they were talking about but this piqued my interest enough to explore said actor.

Below are two photos. The first one is me and the second one is T.J. Thyne, the actor that apparently looks like me (thanks interweb for making photos of this guy available). Personally I don’t really see a resemblance but, since he doesn’t look like a troll (no offense to the trolls that read this blog), I’m okay with the notion that we share a similar appearance. Maybe someday, I’ll meet him in person, but then we’ll have to fight to the death. After all, that’s the doppelganger code.

No comments: